- 2 cups of quinoa OR millet OR rolled oats
- 1 cup of nuts, chopped (ideas: walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, shelled pistachios)
- 2 tablespoons of seeds (ideas: flax, chia, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp)
- ¼ cup of dried fruit // cranberries, blueberries, raisins, goji berries, mulberries – try to find without added sugar!
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with a Slipat or thin layer of coconut oil.
Combine mashed banana, maple syrup, tahini and vanilla extract in a bowl with a fork until a paste forms.
In a large bowl, combine the quinoa/millet/oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon and salt.
Add the banana paste to the dry ingredients and combine until a ...granola(!) has formed.
Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Mix it up and then bake for another 15 minutes. Keep an eye on this...if it looks done before this time is up - take it out!
After baking – let the granola cool for 30+ minutes and then add the dried fruit.
Store in airtight mason jars in the refrigerator for best results. Use as a cereal in the morning with almond milk, top your smoothies with it, or put it in to-go bags for a snack!