Diets suck. You do not need to diet! REAL food is the answer. Fat-free, sugar-free, greek yogurt, protein bars - it’s all junk.
I KNOW the stress that an approaching wedding day can cause, I’ve been there! The pressure, planning and transition of this time can be exhausting. And you just want to look and feel your best.
Ladies, I assure you that a crash diet isn’t the answer.
Around the time you start planning, if you’re looking for a significant change in weight or energy, this is the time to start making changes to your lifestyle (both to diet and exercise...no amount of kale will work if you aren’t getting your heart beating!). Small changes eventually become habit and by the time 6-12 months of planning goes by, you’ll see results- and keep them through your honeymoon and beyond.
If you’ve already been following a fairly healthy lifestyle and just need a “reboot” for a beautiful glow before the aisle, here are some simple tips to incorporate!
8 Tips for Glowing Brides to Be
- Hydrate hydrate hydrate. It really makes a huge difference in your health. From healthy digestion to clear skin, simple H20 is the secret. 8 cups? Kinda. Aim to drink HALF your weight in ounces of water each day. So if you weigh 140 pounds - that’s 70 ounces of water, or almost 9 cups.
- Eat water-rich foods. Think watermelon, cucumbers, grapefruit, celery- the more fruits and veggies the better. The nutrients are dense and your skin and weight will thank you as you de-bloat and feel a ton of energy. Add veggies into juices and smoothies for on the go.
- Don’t skip on fats. Low-fat is so 1995. So often I talk to clients who worry that healthy foods like seeds, coconut oil and avocado are too fattening. NO NO NO, THEY ARE AMAZING! Without enough fat in your diet, your skin will be dull and you won’t feel satisfied (among, like, 100 other benefits of fats).
- Find time for exercise. I get it, with wedding planning and your full time job, it may feel like you have zero time for exercise. It couldn’t be more important during this high stress time. Even the week of the wedding, find time to do a form of exercise you love- it will fight the nerves and jitters and release endorphins making you feel confident as you walk the aisle. I did yoga, by myself, on my wedding day and it was PERFECT.
- Eat with intention. Sometimes stress will cause us to overindulge. When nerves are high, our bodies are more susceptible to overeat or wait all day to eat and then crash. A “hangry” bride does NOT make a happy bride. Avoid this by eating breakfast, staying hydrated and eating mindfully throughout the day. AKA, don’t let yourself get too hungry, and don’t binge.
- Dry Brush and Oil Pull. I talk oil pulling here in more detail. They are great beauty routines that I follow to detoxify my body, and keep my skin looking youthful.
- Say no to processed food. Once your cake tasting is out of the way, time to lay off the sweets. Well, really, anything that has sugar or ingredients you can’t pronounce or pinpoint. Begin to eliminate these types of food from your diet and get your fill from whole foods and organic when possible.
- Try a cleanse! Need a plan where someone tells you exactly what to do and eat? Want some support from other women? If cleansing or holistic health is new to you and you want more guidance on this journey, this is for you! I remember preparing my skin and diet for my wedding day and I would love to be there for you too. There is preparation pre-cleanse, 7 days of cleansing, and post cleanse as we slowly (and optionally!) reintroduce the foods that could be causing you bloat, headaches and a whole slew of things a bride does not need on her wedding day. You’ll feel great, look great and GLOW when the big day comes.
For more information check it out here.