I posted a pic of the soup earlier in the week. I was so obsessed with it. Easy to make, filling, tasty and healthy. And if anyone asks - you are getting protein from the beans, brown rice pasta and the spinach!
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme, destemmed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1.5-2 cups bite size brown rice pasta of choice
- Heat a stock pot to medium. Add olive oil, then onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, thyme, oregano, beans, tomato sauce, broth and water and stir.
- Turn heat to high and bring liquid to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium-high, add pasta and cook 6-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, mix in spinach, taste for additional salt and pepper, and serve.