This post is going to be short & sweet. Don't want to get sick this winter, or already feel like you are coming down with something? Here are some tips to stay well (or get better)!
Stay Healthy Tips
- Drink and eat lots of greens - greens, lovely greens, will nourish your body and give it the nutrients it needs
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate (with water... not soda, not coffee...good ol' H20)
- Start your day with hot lemon water to flush the body and prep it for the day ahead - keep squeezing those lemons into your water throughout the day, too
- Eat as many whole foods as possible and try to stay away from lots of processed, packaged junk - less junk = less energy for digestion & more energy to keep you healthy!
- Make sure you are letting your body rest when needed, and getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night
- Start oil pulling to remove some of that nasty bacteria from your mouth
- Incorporate nutrient-dense bacteria and inflammation fighting foods like turmeric, oregano, garlic, cinnamon, raw honey & blueberries
- Don't stop exercising just because its cold out and you got lazy (I know how it is) - find ways to work out inside the house if you can't possibly survive the outdoors (Physique 57 makes amazing DVDs) - keep your blood pumpin' and your skin sweatin' (unless you are really sick, then you should take a break)